Practices are afforded access to a very wide range of sensitive client information which extends from the bookkeeping data through to the HMRC access. In addition, they are typically producing detailed analysis and dealing with mergers and acquisitions, all of which is highly valuable and a target for cybercriminals.
It is clear that the confidentiality & integrity of data and information needs to be maintained so that it can be relied on. In addition, there are legal and moral obligations that need to be adhered to as well as needing to avoid any adverse impact on the client’s businesses.
Any breach of the practice’s network and system would be catastrophic and it is this that we focus on by Protecting the Data and Information from Damage or Loss. To do this we focus on the following areas:
- Risk Management Regime – to understand the organisations Risk Appetite
- Secure Configuration – Device Management, Business Applications, Endpoint Protection & Updates
- Home and mobile working
- Incident Management – Backup Restore & BC
- Malware prevention
- User Privileges
- Network Security – Passwords, Servers, Services, Firewalls, LAN/WAN, Infrastructure
- Removable Media
- User Education & Awareness
- Our managed support packages ensure the environment is properly maintained and monitored with updates applied as they become available. In addition, tests are applied to ensure the security is correctly in place.
The ability to “lock down” systems at a moments notice means that should any suspicious activity be encountered we are ready to eliminate any impact.
Furthermore, the backup processes we implement will make sure no data is lost and should the system need to be rebuilt that is done as quickly as possible.
If you are not sure how well serviced, maintained or protected your Practice is you should get in touch with us now.