What is a VoIP Phone System?
Put simply, instead of using traditional phone lines for voice calls, VoIP systems use the internet.
A VoIP phone system converts standard telephone audio into a digital format that can be transmitted over the internet. VoIP also converts incoming digital phone signals from the Internet to standard telephone audio.
What is a hosted phone system? Hosted Telephony: Choreographing Calls in the Cloud
Hosted telephony is a telephone system that resides in the cloud, rather than requiring hardware to sit in your office. Users access the telephony system using an IP desk phone or via an app on their mobiles.
Why Should I Switch my Business to Hosted Telecoms?
A hosted telephony solution will ensure your business telecoms benefit from:
• The latest technology at all times – you don’t have to upgrade any equipment
• Reduced line and call costs – inclusive unlimited UK landline and mobile calls
• Enhanced features and functionality – call pickup, forwarding, voicemail, automated menus are all part of the package
• Easy to manage monthly bill
• Contingency planning – calls are not reliant on being in your office
• Being unaffected from the ISDN switch off
Are There Any Downsides to VoIP? Ensuring a Smooth Performance with VoIP
As the audio is transmitted across the internet, it is vital to have a reliable internet connection with spare capacity to take the voice data. This may result in some incremental cost.
How can Flex IT help you?
We’ve partnered with leading hosted VoIP telephony provider – Firstcom Europe.
Although there are a number of providers, having trawled the market, we particularly like their user-friendly interface and the fact that calls are encrypted as standard. In addition, Firstcom provides great quality CISCO handsets in the package and has an excellent UK call centre.
Get in contact today to find out how a hosted telecoms solution from Flex IT could help your business.