Windows 10 Upgrade Overview
Should I upgrade to Windows 10?
Windows 10 has been here for a while but we still find businesses who haven’t upgraded. So what’s in it for you and should you upgrade? Here are some key points to help you decide, however, if you’re not sure, please get in touch.
If you have a windows server and multiple systems the upgrade can be managed and you can control the upgrade process easily.
Windows 10 is a combination of a better integration of its touchscreen and desktop interfaces, a host of new features and better performance makes it a clear upgrade for Windows 7 and Windows 8 users.
So if I’m running Windows 8, will Windows 10 have enough to make it worth upgrading?
Well, one main addition to Windows 10 is the return of the Start Menu, especially useful for desktop and non-touchscreen users. The Start Menu includes the Live Tiles of the Windows 8 Start Screen and it can be made to fill the whole screen and makes using a mouse/trackpad and keyboard much easier. If you mainly use the desktop in Windows then Windows 10 will make you much happier.
Tablet users can use the new Tablet Mode which makes everything full screen again, just like most other tablet interfaces. Windows 10 will still run all the touch friendly apps created for Windows 8 but will be better for desktop apps too.
The new features include:-
- Virtual desktops – So you can spread windows across multiple different workspaces, juts like having multiple screens.
- Task View – to make it easier to switch between windows
- Improved Command Prompt – includes copy and paste
- Cortana – Personal Assistant – to help search for file, keep track of interests, calendar and places you visit.
- Supports natural language input – you can talk casually to the device, especially useful with tablet devices.
- Central notifications area – for all alerts such as new email, windows updates etc.
- Xbox cross-platform gaming – PC and Xbox gamers can play together.
- New Browser – Microsoft Edge for a better web experience
- New Windows Store – a unified shopping experience across every Windows 10 device
If you’re considering an upgrade and need some advice, give us a call!