Systems Refresh Project
The existing infrastructure was old, inflexible, there was no resilience and security weak, the list of issues was extensive. In particular, the firewall offered little protection with no updating process, there was no access management for the systems, remote access was through a desktop sharing app, backup was to a USB disk, no UPS protection was installed, the on-premises server had no fault tolerance and was old with no warranty, the network performance was poor.
What did we do?
- Deployed business-class cloud backup using our Backup as a Service (E-BaaS) solution with flexibly configured backup frequency and retention policies to meet the business RTO & RPO objectives.
- Installed UPS protection to the Existing Server and Network equipment with autonomy to provide power for most outages and provide clean power to the core network equipment.
- Installed a high performing next-generation firewall with update subscriptions to proactively block newly discovered sophisticated attacks in real-time.
- Completed a full Microsoft 365 Installation and Migration. Reinstalling all Office products with the latest versions and enabling on-line access to applications. The email migration retained all old and current email and maintained continuity throughout the whole process. 2FA also enabled to all accounts.
- Implemented a Microsoft Teams environment for the business and all users. Creating Teams, Channels and folders as required, transferring all files to the new environment from the on-premises file server and providing training and guidance to users.
- The on-premises MIS system was transferred to our Xterity Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Tier 3 Data Centre network. We worked closely with the providers of the application to define the hosted system specification and the implementation process. The live rollout followed a period of testing by the developers, us and the client.
- Business-grade laptops were rolled out to replace all existing systems all with standard configurations, encrypted disks, automatic patching and full malware protection. All systems were installed through the Azure and Intune platforms.
The result is a total transformation of the ICT infrastructure, bringing it into the 21st century.
The next phase will see the companies field workers being issued with mobile and notebook system to enable them to have access to the MIS system, email and Teams.
If it is time for you to refresh your infrastructure you should get in touch with us now.