Remote Working IT Services
Remote Working IT Services
Working remotely seems to be the right answer during crisis periods. It is important to ensure that employees can collaborate, share, and have constant secure access to information and applications as they would if they were in the office.
What does remote work mean?
Remote working allows professionals to work outside of a traditional office. This is a response to a growing demand for flexibility and today’s advanced technology can make this possible.
Many tools enable effective collaboration in a remote team and need to be backed up with processes to get the whole team working together and contribute to success.
This new way of operating has changed the concept of work and is no longer about a place or hours spent at the office but rather about being productive from anywhere.
What are the benefits of working remotely?
Remote working presents many benefits for the workers as well as for your company:
– Greater productivity: Workers are able to work where they feel the most comfortable, from a more personalised office environment.
– Companies can hire and retain the best talent from anywhere: Many employees are looking for organizations that enable them to take control of their own work schedule and fit their commitments around their working hours. This makes your company more attractive to talented employees all over the world as it offers them flexibility and makes them feel valued and respected.
– Companies reduce facilities costs: Allowing employees to work remotely means that you’ll need less office space to accommodate them. Moreover, tasks that require concentration and no distractions can be accomplished from home, without the need of setting up a private and quiet area in the office.
– Business resilience: Remote working allows employees to keep on working as usual even when the organisation’s facilities are not available to use. Also, employees are less likely to come into the office when sick, risking the spread of illness to other members of the team.
– Better work-life balance: Employees can have a better work-life balance since their work schedule is more flexible. They can attend to their personal needs and commitments and still get their work completed.
How to work remotely successfully?
Remote working can’t work properly without the right technology available to all employees; different systems and collaborative tools need to be put in place to ensure business continuity.
Cloud-based technologies allow workers to communicate and interact without necessarily being in each other’s presence to get work done.
All employees can easily access apps that enable them to collaborate through messaging or voice options and through video and content sharing.
We suggest the following solutions to work remotely:
– Virtual Private Network (VPN): A VPN enables to connect business networks together securely over the Internet, and thus enables employees to access their business network remotely.
– Cloud Services: Services that allow users to access multiple applications from a cloud computing provider’s servers rather than from the company’s on-premises servers.
How does a VPN work?
VPNs use encryption when data is sent over a Wi-Fi network, which makes it unreadable. Moreover, VPNs keep the search history hidden, since your web activity is associated with the VPN server’s IP address. Those servers could be all over the world, and thus your search activity could appear as originating from any of them.
A VPN also protects your devices from cyber criminals when accessing a public Wi-Fi network; hackers won’t be able to watch data you send and receive on your devices.
Contact us to find out more how we can help you get set up with a VPN.
Cloud Service: Office 365
Microsoft Office 365 offers all options for a remote team to work effectively together and increase productivity. It is ideal for all organisational shapes and sizes and can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
We believe at Flex that it is the best way to stay productive and luckily for you, we are experts in Microsoft Office 356 integration.
Our IT specialists can help get you all set up, whether you’re moving from another version of the Microsoft Office Suite or another service. We will provide you with guidance on the best package for you, based on your needs and budget.
Do I need a VPN at home?
Your private Wi-Fi network is usually protected with a password, which means that you don’t necessarily need a VPN at home.
One of the few reasons to get a VPN at home would be to stream content or watch sports events not available in your country.
How do you get a VPN to work?
Once you’ve decided which VPN service to go for, download the VPN provider’s app or change your device’s network settings to connect directly to the VPN service.
Login your information, and once you’re logged in, your VPN app will connect to the closest VPN server to your location.
When should I use a VPN on my phone?
A VPN will protect the incoming and outgoing data from your app usage.
VPN services usually allow you to connect at least five devices at a time, so if you wish to keep your practices secure you can choose to connect your mobile devices as well.